Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr's Private Equity group in South Africa offers extensive skills and extensive experience to private equity financial investors, investees, management teams and funds of every size.
Our specialist team has substantial experience in South Africa and the sub-Saharan region, in all major industries. Mining and minerals, financial services, technology, telecoms, consumer products, agriculture and infrastructure investments are prominent sectors that are attractive to private equity investors in Africa.
We offer the full range of private equity legal services, which typically include:
- Setting up tax-efficient fund structures;
- Letters of intent, heads of terms, memoranda of understanding;
- Confidentiality agreements;
- Due diligence processes (buy- and sell-side);
- Privately negotiated transactions;
- Auctions (buy- and sell-side);
- Public take-overs;
- Acquisition of all kinds of legal entities (share and asset deals);
- Acquisition finance;
- Tax advice;
- Venture capital;
- Mezzanine finance;
- Black Economic Empowerment structuring and solutions;
- Employment law advice to drive efficiency;
- Equity participation and incentive schemes for management teams;
- Disposal of a company's businesses;
- Restructuring troubled businesses; and
- Dispute prevention and resolution.