Health and Safety
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr’s Occupational Health and Safety team delivers clear and precise legal advice. Our skilled representation is tailored to the individual situation of clients in the industrial, construction and mining sectors as well as generally to the requirements of a wide range of industries.
We help manage all workplace health and safety issues ranging from risk management and training, to dispute resolution, representation, compliance and audits.
- Advising on all aspects of occupational health and safety and compensation for occupational injuries and diseases
- Advising on interpretation, implementation and compliance relating to OHSA and the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act
- Drafting legally compliant health and safety policies
- Assessing existing company policies against legislated obligations
- Chairing incapacity hearings related to ill health or a workplace injury
- Conducting workplace health and safety audits
- Assistance in developing health and safety standards in the workplace
- Advising on the prevention of claims by independent contractors
- Providing legal representation at occupational health and safety investigations, inquiries, inquests, compliance audits and legal proceedings
- Developing customised solutions and training material for staff and employee education
- Training for managers to make sure that employers are compliant with the law
- Assisting clients with developing customised health and safety solutions and training material for their staff and employees