In recognising the evolving needs of our local and global clients who are expanding their business operations on the continent and further afield as well as the increased governance risks, we provide a full corporate governance and regulation service within the Corporate and Commercial practice, which has local and global corporate governance expertise.
- Advice on corporate governance and directors' duties under King III and the new Companies Act, No 71 of 2008;
- Compliance and governance briefings to boards and senior management on the legal, compliance and governance obligations imposed on directors;
- Review and design of internal documents, systems and processes to ensure compliance;
- Review of corporate governance structures within the compliance framework;
- Tailor-made presentations, training sessions and compliance familiarisation seminars for board members and prescribed officers; and
- Advice on risk assessment and implementing risk-mitigating measures relating to:
- Directors' duties;
- Prescribed officers' duties;
- Governance of tax affairs;
- Duties relating to environmental issues;
- Information technology governance;
- Anti-corruption requirements; and
- Media and telecommunication compliance.