Trusts and Estates
In critical matters of trust and estate administration, you need to be sure that the firm or individual representing you and your family has the necessary wealth of knowledge and practical experience to protect your assets.
Formulating and implementing strategies to transfer resources and preserve and protect your capital for the benefit of your loved ones after your death, requires proactive management, clear and precise legal advice and skilled representation
Our experienced Trust and Estates practice lawyers concentrate exclusively in this field. The team has more than 75 years of collective experience and our firm is one of the few leading law firms in South Africa still offering a dedicated trusts and estates administration service.
- Estate planning advice – techniques to protect, preserve and grow your estate during your lifetime and after your death.
- Formation and registration of Inter Vivos Trusts and Testamentary Trusts, as well as Trust governance and administration.
- Drafting and updating your will.
- Estate administration – we provide a comprehensive service, from assessing the validity of the will to finalising the estate, including lodging income tax forms, settling obligations and transferring remaining assets and immovable property. We keep your beneficiaries and creditors informed of progress and explain the process in detail.
- Contentious estates – we are experienced in handling problems arising from invalid or contested wills, bringing the necessary applications, processing claims and assisting with dispute resolutions.
- Curatorship applications and administration – we offer a full service, including preparing annual curatorship accounts.