The Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 (CPA), which came into force in April 2011, dramatically changed the legal landscape for conducting of business with consumers, marketing to consumers and businesses involved in manufacturing consumer goods, even if those businesses don't deal with end consumers.
Our team is a forerunner in the field of consumer protection law in South Africa. This experience together with the team's extensive experience in the field of competition law and related legislation aimed at consumer protection (for example, data protection and advertising) positions us the team perfectly to provide a complete and all-encompassing review of the Competition Act, No 89 of 1998 and its accompanying rules.
- Training sessions and executive presentations tailored to your business;
- Opinions regarding the existence of legal risks and the application of the CPA;
- Focused reviews of internal processes and documentation;
- Strategic assistance in dealing with complaints from consumers;
- Interacting with the regulator on complaint proceedings or other regulatory action; and
- Specialised litigation before the Consumer Tribunal and courts.