Mergers and Acquisitions
We close deals effectively by providing exceptional legal advice, managing risk, ensuring you meet regulatory compliance and working at every aspect of the transaction to ensure that it works from a legal and commercial perspective. At Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr, we have one of South Africa's largest corporate and commercial practices and offer the full suite of services required to deliver strategic legal support on transactional work.
We handle hundreds of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions each year. Since 2008, we have consistently been the most active South African legal adviser and have handled more M&A transactions than any other law firm, according to the leading analyst rankings. Our Corporate team has more than 50 qualified lawyers whose primary responsibility and expertise is transactional work.
- Strategic legal support - We offer commercial and practical advice specific to your goals and objectives and actively manage the M&A process to help bring transactions to an efficient conclusion.
- Practical and effective project management - We offer effective project management, which is crucial to ensuring an efficient and satisfactory conclusion to any M&A transaction.
- Cross-border project management - We have experience in project managing complex multi-jurisdictional corporate activity. When you venture into new markets we are able to help you understand the risks involved, offer advice on the best structure for any given transaction and provide workable solutions.
- Global expertise - We offer experience and insights drawn from countries around the world, so you benefit from a vast amount of international M&A experience.
- Extensive expertise - We offer experience spans a wide range of industries and our clients include local and international listed and unlisted companies as well as emerging businesses, government departments and state owned enterprises. Our senior deal team has strong experience in pre- and post-deal structuring and integration
- Dealmakers 2015 – Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr is ranked first by Dealmakers for deal flow 7 years in a row and first in General Corporate Finance Deal Flow.
- Dealmakers 2014 – Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr is ranked first by Dealmakers for deal flow 6 years in a row, first in M&A Deal Flow, first in M&A Deal Value, and first in General Corporate Finance Deal Flow.
- Dealmakers 2013 – Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr is ranked first in M&A Deal Flow, first in M&A Deal Value and first in Unlisted Deals - Deal Flow.
- Dealmakers 2012– Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr is ranked first in M&A Deal Flow, first in General Corporate, Finance Deal Flow, first in General Corporate Finance, Deal Value and first in Unlisted Deals - Deal Flow.
- Dealmakers 2011 – Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr is ranked first in M&A Deal Flow, first in M&A Deal Value and first in General Corporate Finance Deal Flow, Legal Advisor - Deal of the Year.
- Listed as first law firm by M&A count in Africa and the Middle East in MergerMarket.
- Listed as first african law firm by M&A Deal Value with 9.2 Billion USD worth of Deals in MergerMarket.
- Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr directors were named in the 2013, 2014 and 2015 Client Choice International Awards.
- IFLR1000 2016 ranks the firm in M&A - Tier 2.
- Chambers Global 2016 ranks our Corporate/M&A practice in Band 1.