Navigating the complexities of international arbitration in Africa requires expert guidance through the various factors specific to each jurisdiction on the continent.
Our dedicated team of international arbitration practitioners are fully equipped to help you answer those questions and to guide you through the entire process in a pragmatic and commercially driven manner - from negotiating the arbitration clause, the governing law for the agreement, choosing the appropriate seat and/or location for the arbitration hearing, electing the most appropriate procedural rules to govern the procedure, choosing the appropriate arbitrator right through to ultimately enforcement of the award, including risk advisory services relating to bilateral and multilateral investment treaties.
- The drafting of arbitration clauses and agreements
- Choice of governing law
- Appropriateness of institutional or ad-hoc arbitration, particularly in Africa
- International investment arbitrations
- Investment law aspects of treaty based arbitrations
- Risk advisory services relating bilateral and multilateral investment treaties
- Aspects relating to the rules published by various arbitration institutions
- The choice of arbitrator
- Interim relief
- Procedural aspects of international arbitrations
- Challenges to the appointment of arbitrators
- Challenges to arbitral awards
- Enforcement of arbitral awards