Our extensive dispute resolution experience covers the full range of insurance disputes where we apply our knowledge to resolve issues in their early stages where possible in an effort to avoid litigation and preserve valuable business relationships. Insurers have shown their confidence in us by retaining us to represent them in arbitrated or litigated disputes.
Our clients include the top five life offices, a number of large short-term insurers, brokers and various financial services providers in South Africa and abroad.
- Disputes over insurance and reinsurance cover;
- Claims handling, monitoring and coordination;
- Complex insurance-related litigation;
- Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance, fiduciary, professional liability, and fidelity cover;
- Product and general liability cover;
- Environmental liability cover;
- Claims related to insurance and reinsurance intermediaries;
- Class action proceedings;
- Cover and contribution litigation;
- D&O and professional liability cover and defence;
- Products liability defence;
- Environmental claims;
- Suits between health insurers and providers; and
- Disability or regulatory issues arising out of personnel policies.