Trust and specialisation are crucial in today’s complex legal marketplace, which is why these achievements are so affirming, showing that CDH continues to deliver trusted and innovative solutions for clients.
Chambers is a powerful source of information, identifying and ranking the most outstanding law firms and lawyers in over 190 jurisdictions throughout the world. The qualities on which rankings are assessed include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other attributes most valued by the client.
- According to the latest edition, CDH was ranked Band One in Capital Markets: Equity, Corporate/M&A, Environment, IT & Telecommunications, Real Estate (new ranking) and Dispute Resolution (up from Band Two last year).
- Individual lawyers ranked in Band One include Terry Winstanley (Environment – and notably this year she is ranked as a “Star Individual”), Johan Latsky (Capital Markets: Equity), Preeta Bhagattjee (IT & Telecommunications), Pieter Conradie (Dispute Resolution), Ludwig Smith (Banking and Finance), Emil Brincker (Tax), Dave Pinnock (Corporate/M&A: Private Equity - a new ranking), Attie Pretorius (Real Estate – a new ranking) and Mark Linington (Tax).
- The Banking and Finance Practice moved up from Band Three to Band Two; Construction also improved its ranking from Band Three to Band Two this year; as did the Energy and Natural Resources: Mining Practice (Band Three in 2016 to Band Two in 2017). The Restructuring/Insolvency Practice, meanwhile, achieved a new ranking at Band Two.
- New rankings in Band Two went to Bridget King (Banking & Finance: Regulatory), Julian Jones (Restructuring/Insolvency) and William Midgley (Real Estate), while Sandra Gore (Environment) achieved a new ranking at Band Three. Further new ranking at Band Three went to Lucia Erasmus (Real Estate) and Ludwig Smith (Tax). Gillian Lumb (Employment) was a new ranking at Band Four and an up-and-coming ranking went to Simone Dickson (IT & Telecommunications).
- Peter Hesseling (Corporate/M&A), Jonathan Witts-Hewinson (Dispute Resolution), Allan Reid (Energy & Natural Resources: Mining) and Fiona Leppan (Employment) also moved up in their rankings.
- Additional ranked lawyers include Deon Wilken (Banking & Finance), Pierre Swart (Capital Markets: Debt), Chris Charter (Competition/Antitrust), Andries Le Grange (Competition/Antitrust), Natalie von Ey (Competition/Antitrust), Jurg van Dyk (Construction), Joe Whittle (Construction) Willem Jacobs (Corporate/M&A), Johan Latsky (Corporate/M&A), David Thompson (Corporate/M&A), Timothy Fletcher (Dispute Resolution), Aadil Patel (Employment), Hugo Pienaar (Employment), Fiona Leppan (Employment) and Jay Govender (Projects & Energy).
- Chambers Global also recognised CDH’s Capital Markets: Debt, Competition/Antitrust, Employment, Projects & Energy and Tax practices as leading practice areas.
CDH couldn’t have achieved these remarkable, world-class results if it weren’t for the continuous support of all our clients; and for that, we thank you.