Ghana’s growth target for 2019 is 7.4% mainly to be driven by the industry sector, especially oil, gas and mining. Industry’s growth is expected to improve to 9.7%; the agriculture sector is expected to grow by 7.3% on the back of the government flagship programs in the sector which will enhance performance in the crops sub-sector.
- Tessa Brewis and Peter Hesseling were involved in the acquisition of shares in Finavest Ltd by Distell Limited.
- Tessa Brewis and Elnalene Cornelius were involved in the acquisition of Adams Media by Dentsu Aegis Network.
- Tessa Brewis and Elnalene Cornelius assisted with Association Agreements entered into with local media business partners for Dentsu Aegis Network (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania Nigeria, Ghana, Benin, Malawi and Madagascar).
- David Pinnock advised the Keller Group (a major British based ground engineering company listed on the London Stock Exchange) in its R500 million acquisition of the geotechnical contracting business owned and operated by Esorfranki Construction in South Africa, Botswana, the DRC, Ghana, Lesotho, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles and Swaziland. Following the closing of the sale transaction, CDH advised on and implemented a BEE share scheme for the new operating company, Franki Geotechnical.
- Francis Newham assisted Sturrock Shipping (Pty) Ltd to establish a subsidiary for its shipping and ship's agency businesses in Sudan, Angola and Ghana.
- CDH advised RMB Westport Property Partners Limited on the investment and development of the Takoradi Mall in Ghana.
- Jay Govender assisting a leading global project developer in responding to a number of requests for proposals across various jurisdictions (Morocco, Ghana, Namibia, Mauritius, Egypt, South Africa and Zambia), including reviewing and advising on the proposed power purchase agreements, implementation agreements and connection agreements issued.