Chairman and National Practice Head of CDH’s Real Estate team, Attie Pretorius was recently featured in SAPOA’s property advocate magazine, PROvocate. In the article, Attie taps into his 37 years of property law experience, explaining how the role of property lawyers has evolved during his career. Attie also provides readers with valuable insights into new developments within South Africa’s property arena, touching on each of the below topics:
- Restructuring the 99 year long-term lease around Waqf laws.
- Large listed property funds looking to diversify in Europe, Australia and US.
- Inner city conversions of old office buildings into residential apartments.
- Inclusionary housing election promises.
- Current issues faced by sectional title schemes and the new legislation that seeks to put an end to these issues.
- Shortage of available land to develop and the introduction of a state and parastatal land registry.
Our Real Estate team is externally praised for its depth of resources, capabilities and experience.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2014–2016 ranked Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr in Tier 1 for real estate.
- Property & Construction Team Of The Year 2014 awarded to our Real Estate practice in the African Legal Awards.
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2015–2016 recommended Attie for real estate.
- Who’s Who Legal 2012–2014 identified Attie as a leading lawyer in real estate and in 2014 he was listed in The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers.
- Attie received a Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Real Estate Law at the inaugural SA Professional Services Awards 2014.