Despite the headwinds, Zimbabwe's economy is projected to grow by 4.2% in 2019 and 4.4% in 2020.
- We dvised major clients with regard to compliance and mineral issues on mines in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Niger, Mozambique, Chad and the DRC.
- We represented Signet Mining Services in its negotiations with Coal of Africa and other parties in Zimbabwe for the acquisition of coal exploitation rights in that country.
- We advised CCMP Asia on the acquisition of Waco, a company with interests in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Namibia and Zimbabwe, at that time being South Africa's largest ever private equity transaction (value R5,4 billion).
- CDH advised Old Mutual regarding indigenisation of its Zimbabwean operations.
- Our team advised Coca-Cola on 'localising' their HR policies and employment contracts in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Angola.