Zimbabwe has enormous potential for sustained growth and poverty reduction given its generous endowment of natural resources, existing stock of public infrastructure and comparatively skilled human resources. Mineral exports, tourism and agriculture are the main foreign currency earners of the country.
- Allan Reid advised major clients with regard to compliance and mineral issues on mines in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Niger, Mozambique, Chad and the DRC.
- Allan Reid represented Signet Mining Services in its negotiations with Coal of Africa and other parties in Zimbabwe for the acquisition of coal exploitation rights in that country.
- David Pinnock advised CCMP Asia on the acquisition of Waco, a company with interests in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Namibia and Zimbabwe, at that time being South Africa's largest ever private equity transaction (value R5,4 billion).
- Francis Newham advised Old Mutual regarding indigenisation of its Zimbabwean operations.
- Aadil Patel advised Coca-Cola on 'localising' their HR policies and employment contracts in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Angola.