Lesotho's GDP is projected to grow by 0.9% in 2018/19 and 1.2% in 2019/20, supported largely by increased diamond exports and a strong rebound in construction of the Lesotho Highland Water Project Phase II. Growth will also benefit from emerging opportunities for the textile and clothing industry created by the South African market.
- Willem Jacobs, Albert Aukema, Aadil Patel, Deon Wilken, Heinrich Louw and Christelle Wood represented Metier Capital Growth Fund II (Metier), one of South Africa's largest private equity funds. Our corporate/M&A team advised this client in the acquisition, through Retailability, of Edcon’s Legit business which has 215 stores across South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana and Zambia.
- Willem Jacobs, Christelle Wood, Albert Aukema, Aadil Patel and Heinrich Louw advised Retailability Proprietary Limited on the acquisition of the business conducted under the "Legit" brand out of approximately 216 physical retail stores. (South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana and Zambia).
- David Pinnock advised on the sale by Sun International of controlling interests in its assets in various African jurisdictions to Minor Hotel Group and of associated hotel management agreements (Zambia, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho and Botswana).
- David Pinnock advised on the sale by Sun International of remaining interests in its assets in various African jurisdictions to Minor Hotel Group and of associated casino management agreements (Zambia, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho and Botswana).
- David Pinnock advised the Keller Group (a major British based ground engineering company listed on the London Stock Exchange) in its R500 million acquisition of the geotechnical contracting business owned and operated by Esorfranki Construction in South Africa, Botswana, the DRC, Ghana, Lesotho, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles and Swaziland. Following the closing of the sale transaction, CDH advised on and implemented a BEE share scheme for the new operating company, Franki Geotechnical.
- Aadil Patel acted for Total regarding the application of several HR and employee policies in South Africa, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana and Lesotho.