Business Rescue, Restructuring and Insolvency
The business rescue process introduced in the new Companies Act, No 71 of 2008 allows some breathing space to companies facing financial distress. The new procedures allow a business rescue practitioner to step in and keep the company operating, either to return the company to profitable ways or to ensure a better return for creditors than they would receive in the case of liquidation.
Our focus is on guiding our clients to make the right decisions at the right time. We can help you proactively manage the process, decrease legal risk and financial exposure and explore the available options.
- Financial corporate overexposure and managing restructuring debt;
- Assessing risk profile;
- Obtaining adequate and enforceable security;
- Liquidation proceedings and sequestration;
- Business rescue;
- The administration of insolvent estates;
- Cross-border insolvency;
- Recovery action;
- Impeachable transactions;
- Directors' personal liability;
- Forensic investigations;
- Preservation orders;
- Insolvency inquiries;
- Creditors' meetings and proof of claims;
- Training seminars on business rescue proceedings in the new Companies Act; and
- Perfection of Notarial Bonds.