Siyabonga Tembe is an Associate in our Employment practice. He specialises in employment law and has advised clients on a number of issues including retrenchments, dismissals, drafting of local employment contracts, policies and procedures and restraints of trade. He has also represented and advised clients involved in internal disciplinary, CCMA, Bargaining Council and Labour Court disputes.
Siyabonga began his career at RW Attorneys in 2014 as a Candidate Attorney before being appointed as an Associate in their Employment Department in 2016. He was then appointed as an Associate in the Employment Department at MacRobert Attorneys in 2017 before joining Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr in 2018 as an Associate in the Employment Law Team.
• Chairing and prosecution disciplinary enquiries
• Drafting legal opinions on compliance, procedure in both the private and public sector
• Advising clients on the employment implications of a sale of a business as a going concern.
• Drafting pleadings in the Labour Court
• Drafting and reviewing employment agreements
• Assisting in due diligence investigations