The Revised Charter
Dealt with in Item 1 of the Revised Charter.
(a) promote equitable access to mineral resources;
(b) substantially and meaningfully expand opportunities for HDSA to enter and benefit from the mining and minerals industry;
(c) utilise and expand the existing skills base for the empowerment of HDSA and to serve the community;
(d) promote employment and advance the social and economic welfare of mine communities and major labour sending areas;
(e) promote beneficiation; and
(f) promote sustainable development and growth of the mining industry.
- Dealt with in Part 1 of the Declaration.
- Objectives include to promote investment, enhance competitiveness, drive transformation, remove barriers to sustainable growth and transformation and commit to effective implementation strategy.
The 2002 Charter
- Dealt with in Item 3 of the 2002 Charter.
- Includes empowerment, transformation and the promotion of beneficiation. No reference to competitiveness and sustainability.
- Dealt with in the Purpose of the Code.
- Includes facilitation of the implementation of broad based socio-economic aspects of the 2002 Charter to give effect to section 100 (1)(b) of the MPRDA.